MBBS in Russia
Course duration - 5.8 Years
Medical Universities approved by the Ministry of Education Affairs, Russia & Medical Council of India - 54
NEET Eligibility - Mandatory
Eligibility & Scholarship:-
50% in 10+2 (PCB)
Most MBBS aspirants have their dream of doing their course from Russia. The country, being the largest in the world, is known for the number of universities within it. Medical Universities are just that many, delivering the highest form of world standard educational studies and programmes related to MBBS.
The level of competence, the infrastructure, the facilities and the faculty provided by the MBBS Colleges in Russia, are to be seen and studied in, to be believed. They are at par with the very best worldwide. The colleges are literally teeming with International Students from all across the Globe.
Better than best, hands-on and practical training in the medical field, is meted out to one and all who apply and are granted admission. It then puts such students passing out of these medical colleges, in a position to choose their career options from amongst the very top hospitals, anywhere in the world.
Typically, like the icing on the cake, all the Medical Colleges are duly recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). For all foreign students, the medium of language is English, thus being easy flowing and convenient.
The country by itself takes pride in its cultural diversity and therefore, for all foreigners, students or otherwise, the general atmosphere and facilities offered by the country is very conducive for all around progress and positive development. It is a onetime opportunity to become the best amongst the best in the Medical Field.
• A Bachelor’s course in Russia takes 6 years to complete.
• An aspiring student must be above the age of 17 to apply for Admission for an MBBS Bachelor’s Degree.
• A minimum 50% score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology is required for admission.
• A student must have qualified the NEET Exam.
• The medium of instruction for all foreign students is English.
• There are no donations to be provided and no entrance exam.
• The admission process has been kept simple.
• It is a onetime opportunity to open global doors for employment in the medical field.
• There is no entrance exam and a simplified admission process.
• To make things easier, the medium of teaching is English.
• The MBBS degree attained from Russia is recognized by WHO and MCI.
• This helps to get first class employment anywhere in the world.
• Because of the connection with the world university, it provides international exchanges to medical students.
• The dignified teachers of Russian universities include doctors of science, research analysts, and scientists.
• All Medical Universities are government run, so fees are subsidized.
• Scholarship facilities are available.
• Availability of regional food, sports facilities, academics for foreign students.
• All students are medically insured and receive full medical treatment, if and when necessary.
• Russian universities are famous for their well-developed medical schools, advanced laboratories and practical teaching techniques.
• Hostels are equipped with all comforts.
• Indian canteens available in most universities.
• One gets global exposure in every aspect, during their tenure in Russia.
Though Russia is a secular country, Orthodox Christianity is the widely followed religion in Russia. As of 2017 survey reports of Religious Belief and National Belonging in Central and Eastern Europe 73% of Russians declared themselves to be following Christianity that included 71% of Orthodox, 1% of Catholic and 2% of other Christians. 15% declared themselves as non-religious while 1% belonged to other religions. Islam is the 2nd largest followed religion in Russia. Buddhism is also followed in 3 republics of Russia.
The average living expenses that a student requires for a sustainable lifestyle in Russia is 8,000-10,000 Rs per month which means 105-130 USD is suffice for the students. The charges may vary from province to province. In places like Moscow, these may go a little higher depending upon the needs and lifestyle of the students. A two-way ticket between India & Russia costs around 40,000/-. Needless to mention, it can go somewhat higher during the peak tourist seasons. So the students must pre-book their tickets and plan their travels timely.
Russian is not considered as a very difficult language. There is nothing in this world that cannot be learnt, no skill that cannot be acquired provided you put in your efforts and hard work. Language is the part of curriculum and the students will be taught to read, speak and write during the initial years of the course. With practice, students can gain command over the language. Language will enable better communication and understanding with the patient.
MBBS in Russia is a 6 year program with 1 year of mandatory practical training. Indian students after completing their 6 years MBBS program in Russia have to take up 1 year mandatory internship on qualifying FMGE in India.
Russian is the country’s official language. The universities offer courses in Russian as well as in English language. The medium of instruction is English for international students. However, the universities do teach in Russian once the students have to start with the practicals. The students must learn Russian language to communicate with the patients as well as the locals. To understand peoples’ need better or to make yourself more explanatory, it is always better to understand and explain in their language.
The average tuition fee for MBBS in Russia is 4000 USD per year. There are only a few universities with a fee lower than this. As per the current currency rate, the average annual tuition fee is Rs. 3,00,000 (1 USD=75 Rs). This goes higher if the student opts for a university with higher tuition fee. The other expenses at the university include the accommodation charges, visa extension and insurance charges which must be considered while choosing the university. A proper financial planning is must for you to smoothly carry out your education.
Fill the form below to get a FREE QUOTE!